Trevor has over 40 years’ trade experience including 10 years as a self-employed builder.
After joining ABL in 1986 he worked as a Senior Foreman in our Queenstown and Dunedin offices for eight years. During this time he built the Holiday Inn Queenstown and the Oncology Unit at Dunedin Hospital, completed the St Johns redevelopment in York Place, and Otago Regional Council redevelopment in Stafford Street.
Trevor was promoted to the role of Dunedin Construction Supervisor in 1992, recognising his exceptional management skills. He is held in high esteem by the local construction industry and is a huge asset to ABL.
Trevor now supervises all construction staff in the Dunedin area and is responsible for:
- Staff recruitment
- Leadership and training of all site staff
- Training and BCITO evaluations for apprentices
- Consultation with foremen on project resourcing, understanding of documentation, and general job planning
- Preparing and monitoring of project programme to enable deadlines to be met
- Making sure all staff maintain high standards of conduct and quality of work
- Ensuring the ABL policy of "team performance" is developed on projects with our suppliers, subcontractors, consultants and clients