Careers at ABL
Careers at ABL
ABL is a multi-award-winning construction company renowned for the loyalty of its long-serving workforce.
Many of our staff have been with us throughout their career, which says something about ABL’s team attitude and the investment we put into staff, including operating an apprenticeship training programme.
ABL offers you a long-term, enjoyable and supported career. Valued employees benefit from:
- An excellent subsidised Southern Cross Health Insurance Policy after three months’ service
- A safe workplace
- Competitive wages
- Clear career pathways with ongoing training opportunities
- Strong mentoring culture
- Diverse and challenging construction experiences
- Regular ‘tool box’ meetings so each team member can have input into construction projects
ABL is an equal-opportunity employer in accordance with ability, without regard to age, national origin, gender, religion, ethical beliefs, marital status or any other form of discrimination.
ABL is different from other construction companies thanks to the quality of its team; reliable, hardworking, highly skilled, highly experienced team members who are able to have a good laugh.
We feel that at the end of the day, working for ABL should be more than a job well done.
The company was founded by Invercargill-based builder Graeme Hill, and has grown over the years to include co-directors Pat Burke (Queenstown), Bruce Middleton (Invercargill), Richard Johnston (Dunedin).
In fact many of our team of approximately 130 have come up ‘through the ranks’; people we have trained and who have remained with us for extensive periods of time. Hill, Burke and Middleton worked their way up through the trades while Johnston has a background in quantity surveying.
TRAINING & COMPETENCY
Site Safe Passports
A key requirement of our safety management system is to train and develop our manager’s and workforce to achieve a high level of competence to reduce and manage risk. All our direct employees hold, as a minimum, a Site Safe Commercial Passport while all Site Supervisory staff are Site Safe Gold Card qualified, both of which are refreshed every two years.
National Certificates in Construction Site Safety
A growing number of ABL management and supervisor staff have achieved higher levels of Site Safe Health & Safety training -- graduating with a National Certificate in Construction Site Safety thanks to ABL’s commitment to ongoing training.
Tertiary Qualifications & Professional memberships
In addition, our management team hold industry related, tertiary qualifications and retain membership status to several professional bodies associated with the built environment, including those specialising in health and safety management.
SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - Dunedin
The opportunity exists for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Dunedin based team.
Reporting to the area manager you will be responsible for providing robust control of projects from feasibility / estimation, to contract management through to compliance / completion
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in quantity surveying and / or construction management
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in commercial construction
- Sound knowledge in measuring, estimating and contract management
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, and ability to relate to a diverse range of people such as site staff, construction managers, suppliers, subcontractors, consultants and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Be a team player and have a drive to succeed and produce great outcomes for project stakeholder
With a 49 year track record of commercial construction in the South Island, ABL is known for its good working relationships, top team performance, attention to detail and accountability. If you would like to take up this new challenge and be part of the ABL Dunedin team going forward please contact us on 03 474 1392 or email email@example.com to arrange a confidential interview.
CARPENTERS WANTED - Dunedin & Invercargill
Amalgamated Builders Limited (ABL) requires Carpenters in the Dunedin Area to join its existing team.
With a 49 year track record of commercial construction in the South Island, ABL is known for its good working relationships, top team performance, attention to detail and accountability.
We offer good pay rates, subsidised medical insurance (after three months employment) and a safe and positive work environment.
- A skilled tradesperson?
- Enthusiastic and motivated to succeed?
- Known for your good work ethic?
- Experienced in commercial construction?
- Safety conscious?
- Our Dunedin Office on 03 474 1392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Invercargill Office on 03 216 9143 or email email@example.com