Projects - London Street Units, Dunedin
London Street Units, Dunedin
Neil & James Lyons, the father-son team who own and operate Signature Property Limited, decided to demolish the old motel units on the site and replace them with a new apartment block consisting of 17 one-bedroom and 2 two-bedroom apartments, with completion expected and fulfilled by us, Amalgamated Builders, in early 2021.
These apartments now service the ever-increasing demand for modern inner-city living. The apartments are all self-contained, each with a large balcony with great views, and a quality finish with quality fittings. As is common with this type of development, there are high levels of insulation, acoustics, double glazing, fire alarm system and CCTV.
Onsite storage cupboards, bike storage and car parking complete what is the future of Dunedin’s inner-city living, attracting a mix of tenants given its proximity to the university, hospital, and CBD.
Stages of this building project included
- The demolition of all existing buildings and retaining walls on the site
- Excavation of the site in preparation for building work
- The construction of a three-storey concrete slab on grade
- Concrete suspended floor systems
- Masonry exterior and inter tenancy dividing walls
- Timber truss roof with Colorsteel corrugated roof cladding
- Fibre cement wall cladding on cavity over block to upper stories
- Aluminium windows and some steel frame fire rated windows
- Aluminium balustrading both glazed and unglazed