John started as a carpenter with ABL in 1989, quickly moving on to the role of Leading Hand followed by the step up to Foreman’s position in 1996.
John gained vast experience in a relatively short time as a Foreman, from the structural redevelopment of heritage buildings into world-class Casino facilities, to the addition of floors atop multi-storey buildings in the heart of Dunedin’s commercial centre.
He is now one of the company’s Senior Foremen in terms of skills and experience.
Projects that John has handled in the role of Foreman beyond those in the projects section below include:
• School of Maori Studies Stage 1
• Balclutha Grandstand
• Otago Polytechnic Upgrade Stage 2
• BNZ University Branch Redevelopment
• Queens High School Gymnasium
• University Union Kitchen Redevelopment
• University of Otago / College of Education Merger
• Otago House Extension
• Anderson Lloyd Fitout
• Deloitte Fitout
• Kings High School Labaratory Upgrades
• Dunedin Temporary Court Facilities Stage 2